Looking at Real Estate sales in Victor Harbor?
Trying to save for a deposit can be hard, especially if you are renting at the same time. We asked the team at South Coast Realty what their tried and tested tips are when trying to save money.
Budget tips from the SCR Team
- Cut out the morning coffee and take a travel mug from home. Not only will you be saving up to $7.00 per cup ($35 per week), but reducing waste by not contributing to landfill so this one is a win win!
- Bringing your own lunch to work (this can easily save $50 per week)
- Ask your employer for a raise (we haven’t tried this one yet at South Coast Realty, but if you do and get good results let us know)
- Research prices before larger purchases (many businesses price match or better)
- Don’t impulse buy (no you don’t need that new pair of shoes in a lighter shade of tan than the exact same pair in your wardrobe that you have worn once)
- Create a budget and stick to it
- Remember to treat yourself every now and then otherwise you may not be consistent
When setting a budget use the 50/20/30 rule
50% of your income for essentials
20% for savings
30% for everything else and stick to it
- Plan your meals ahead of shopping, do your shopping online as it stops impulse buying and blowing out the budget.
- Use the weekly specials to your advantage. If a highly used item goes on sale then buy in bulk as it will save you in the long run.
- Buy fruit and vegetables that are in season as they are cheaper in price (it also makes you get more creative in the kitchen). We are lucky here on the Fleurieu Peninsula to be blessed with a variety of markets to get our produce from.
- Go op shopping for that new dress or shirt
- Make gifts for birthdays and Christmas, they often are more cherished by the receiver (try chutney/plants/pickles)
- Instead of going out, have a dinner night at home with friends. Get each person to bring something to share (as well as drinks) and some games.
Ready to roll?
You have just smashed your savings goals and are ready to roll? Contact the South Coast Realty Sales team today
Disclaimer: This information is general in nature and has not considered your personal financial position or objectives. This is not financial advice.